What you’ll learn
- How jQuery impacts performance.
- How to easily ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- How to write accessible scripts.
- How to debug your code when things aren’t working.
Who this is for
- People who want to learn other frameworks—like React or Angular—but don’t feel like they even know where to start.
- Front-end developers who want to build websites that are faster and more reliable.
Table of Contents
Here’s everything in the book.
|Chapter 1 Intro|
|Abstraction isn’t always a good thing|
|How to ditch jQuery|
|Looping through objects|
|Waiting until the DOM is ready|
|Chapter 3 Cutting the Mustard|
|A simple feature detection technique|
|What browsers are supported?|
|Hiding content after the JS is loaded|
|Planning out your script|
|Chapter 4 Debugging|
|Developer tools and the console|
|The debugging process|
|Chapter 5 Project: Invisible Ink|
|Icons and Labels|
|Chapter 6 Project: Play|
|The Active Video|
|Linking to Specific Videos|
|Chapter 7 What Now?|
|How to keep learning|
|Vanilla JS Project Ideas|
|How to find vanilla JS open source projects|
|Don’t feel like you have to go 100% vanilla JS immediately|
3 Bonus Resources
To help make your transition to vanilla JS as easy as possible, Ditching jQuery includes three bonus resources.
- Detailed screencasts of me coding the projects in the book—including the mess ups and debugging—so you can see how it all works.
- All of the source code for the projects you’ll be working on in the book.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee
About the Author
Hi, I’m Chris Ferdinandi.
I want to help you ditch jQuery and become a better developer.
Ready to buy “Ditching jQuery”?
Get everything you need to write vanilla JS scripts.
- The Book (in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI formats)
- The Cheat Sheet
- The Screencasts
- The Source Code
- FREE lifetime updates
Are you a member of an under-represented group in tech? You can buy “Ditching jQuery” for just $5. Send me an email to get your special promo code.
If you have any questions or comments, send me an email at email@example.com.